Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shocked

From the cost of gas? Everywhere I go I hear people talking about how they do not know how they are going to make it paying for gas as high as it is. Grocery checkers, car washes, college students, nurses, government employees, you name it they are all wondering how we are going to survive. Tuesday I read that Republican Senate rejected a bill from Congress to tax the 5 most profitable oil companies. And I also learned that McCain approved a $1.92 billion tax break for Exxon Mobile alone. WOW!!!!!!

Did you know that Americans are spending $12 billion a month rebuilding Iraq? I cannot drive anywhere without freaking hitting holes in the road or paying an ass load of money to fill up my car. Do the math. 300 million Americans divided by 12 billion is $40.00 per person a month. That is if everyone worked. I am sure kids, disabled people and lots of others out there including myself do not have paying jobs, not to say we don't work we just don't make a salary. So those of you who do earn a paycheck I do not even know how to calculate how much you are each paying for the rebuild of Iraq every month. Plus, we buy their oil and make them rich at the same time??? WTF? I am freaking racking my brain trying to understand how Americans have let this happen. What's worse, CONTINUE.

Not that I am broke or starving or struggling for that matter, but I have before and it was never fun. I have to be very careful on how we spend our money. For example, no new car right now and less trips out to eat. Oh, and no Vacation this summer. Yeah, all that sounds great. Wonder if The CEO for Exxon or Shell or Mr. President himself will miss out on their vacation this year????

My heart is crying for all the people that are struggling to make sure their kids are eating or heck even have somewhere to live. 1 million American people are in foreclosure as of Friday and that does not count the ones who have already lost their homes.

I have been brainstorming for several days on what we can do together to WAKE OUR government up and realize that we are not going to take their shit any longer. I am taking ideas from all of you and will consider anything. I would like to act within the next day or so. I am going to issue a poll bulletin by Friday afternoon with all the results I get. Let's get to thinking my friends. Please feel free to let me know what you think even if you disagree. Thanks for reading. Love all of you! You can email me @
emilyapodaca@gt.rr.com

P.S.
Last figure that was calculated for the amount of work a housewife and stay at home mother does was $117,000 a year at 105 hours a week. (My personal Shift 6am - 10pm) Monday Through Sunday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not buying gas for one day would be useless...because that one day will just be replaced with another day that we'll be forced to buy it...

Anonymous said...

The only thing you can do is start a national Petition. The reason for that is where I work, there is over 1,000 people that work nights and another 1,000 that work days on the weakend. It will hurt them a little. Then, for everyone to start a stop drive day or Strike day won't work. One, because you don't buy gas that day, but everyone will buy gas the next day. So you take the profits from the day every one buys and split it up for two days. That shows the share holders that it did not work. Plus, that has been going on every since gas went over 2 bucks. So all you can do is 1. VOTE! 2. go to www.congress.org and sign up. They will tell you want is beening voted on that week. You can e-mail your congress and house rep. from that web site. 3. start a national Petition and get the signatures required and then they would have to let us vote on it.